Thursday, September 1, 2011

I enjoyed Emak Bakia's video more than Man with a Movie Camera.  When I watched Bakia's video I really felt like he was telling me to look closer, and wanted me to see things for what they really are, which is not what we normally see.  He allowed you to see something that you normally would not have noticed.  I felt with Bakia's video he was hiding something.  Two seconds of this two seconds of that.  What happened after those two seconds?  Why did he need to cut/zoom in so much? What was he hiding?  I think he might have been doing the two seconds to show off his new art form.  But shooting in a controversial period of time in a controversial place, and only showing one side to the story, makes one feel like they are missing something.  Maybe we did not see the whole truth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment